Maintaining Legal Status
It is the responsibility of each international student to maintain his or her status. He or she must meet certain obligations in order to maintain status.
How to maintain your F-1 or J-1 status:
- Always keep your I-20 / DS-2019 valid
- Extend I-20 / DS-2019 form before expiration date
- Keep Passport valid at all times
- Register as a full-time student every semester
- Work no more than 20 hours per week on-campus during the academic year
- Do NOT work Off-campus without authorization from the ISO
- Request I-20/ DS-2019 Travel Signature before leaving the U.S.
- Report change of address at WEBSIS within 10 days
- Report Change of Academic Level, Major, and Funding at ISO
- File taxes by April 15th