IT Roadmaps Overview
Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) is developing roadmaps in collaboration with our customers and stakeholders. We will be reviewing them with the governance committees to enable thoughtful, planned, and collaborative decisions regarding future investments.
New roadmaps will be available during the summer of 2015.
Why a Roadmap?
“The test of a roadmap is not whether you follow it, but whether it is helpful in deciding what to do next.”
-Source: University of Cambridge –Centre for Technology Management
- Just good planning, not an afterthought
- Helps set better, more realistic targets
- Communicates business and technology plans to stakeholders
- Longer timeframes, greater tolerance of the unknown (versus project plans)
Links business strategy with technology decisions
- Focuses on key areas driven by business demand and uncertainty
- Prioritizes investments based on drivers
Provides a bridge to project plans
- Provides a guide and allow teams to recognize and act on events that require a change in direction
- Aids in understanding linkages and dependencies