IT Roadmaps Overview
Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) is developing roadmaps in collaboration with our customers and stakeholders. We will be reviewing them with the governance committees to enable thoughtful, planned, and collaborative decisions regarding future investments.
Why a Roadmap?
“The test of a roadmap is not whether you follow it, but whether it is helpful in deciding what to do next.”
-Source: University of Cambridge –Centre for Technology Management
- Just good planning, not an afterthought
- Helps set better, more realistic targets
- Communicates business and technology plans to stakeholders
- Longer timeframes, greater tolerance of the unknown (versus project plans)
Links business strategy with technology decisions
- Focuses on key areas driven by business demand and uncertainty
- Prioritizes investments based on drivers
Provides a bridge to project plans
- Provides a guide and allow teams to recognize and act on events that require a change in direction
- Aids in understanding linkages and dependencies