Katie Livingston Vale , Ed.D.
Assistant Director, Office of Educational Innovation & Technology
Office of the Dean for Undergraduate Education
- Curricular review and planning
- Needs assessment, instructional design and pedagogical development
- Multimedia development
- Social computing tools, computer-supported collaborative work
- Evaluation of educational technology, qualitative research
Recent, current, and upcoming activities
- As Assistant Director, leader of the Educational Technology Consulting group within OEIT.
- Instructor and freshman advisor for Fall 2006 seminar SP.727 Blogs: Reflecting on your first semester.
- Director, MIT New Media Center
- Ed.D. Curriculum and Teaching (Educational Media), Boston University
- A.B. Cognitive Science, A.B. Anthropology, Brown University
- EDUCAUSE Institute on Learning Technology Leadership
- Senior Educational Technology Consultant, MIT IS&T
- Manager, Educational Design and Development, MIT AMPS
- Adjunct Faculty, Boston University School of Education
- Faculty Liaison, MIT Academic Computing
- Manager, Computing Help Desk, Brown University
- Assistant Project Coordinator, Institute for Research in Information and Scholarship (IRIS), Brown University
- Educational Software Developer, NASA Regional Planetary Data Center, Brown University
- Curriculum development, project-based learning, computer-mediated communication, computer-supported cooperative work, Web 2.0 tools, evaluation of educational technology, MMORPGs in education.
- Fiber arts, cooking, world cultures.