Ten Difficult Questions
- Why is the sky blue?
- How do birds fly?
- Why do things fall? (even though Einstein's theory of gravity cannot be reconciled with quantum mechanics?)
- Why do some things break when they fall?
- How does the sun shine? (and produce so few solar neutrinos in the process?)
- What will the weather be like tomorrow?
- Where do babies come from? (and look the way they do?)
- Why do people die?
- Why do things cost so much? (especially after currency crises like in East Asia?)
- Why is the computer taking so long? (because P is not equal to NP?)
Last modified: Fri Aug 3 09:11:10 EDT 2001