Organization of the source directory¶
Below is a brief overview of the organization of the complete source directory. More detailed descriptions follow.
|appl||Kerberos application client and server programs|
|ccapi||Credential cache services|
|clients||Kerberos V5 user programs (See User commands)|
|config-files||Sample Kerberos configuration files|
|include||include files needed to build the Kerberos system|
|kadmin||Administrative interface to the Kerberos master database: kadmin, kdb5_util, ktutil.|
|kdc||Kerberos V5 Authentication Service and Key Distribution Center|
|lib||Libraries for use with/by Kerberos V5|
|plugins||Kerberos plugins directory|
|prototype||Templates files containing the MIT copyright message and a placeholder for the title and description of the file.|
|slave||Utilities for propagating the database to slave KDCs kprop and kpropd|
|util||Various utilities for building/configuring the code, sending bug reports, etc.|
|windows||Source code for building Kerberos V5 on Windows (see windows/README)|
The lib directory contain several subdirectories as well as some definition and glue files.
- The apputils directory contains the code for the generic network servicing.
- The crypto subdirectory contains the Kerberos V5 encryption library.
- The gssapi library contains the Generic Security Services API, which is a library of commands to be used in secure client-server communication.
- The kadm5 directory contains the libraries for the KADM5 administration utilities.
- The Kerberos 5 database libraries are contained in kdb.
- The krb5 directory contains Kerberos 5 API.
- The rpc directory contains the API for the Kerberos Remote Procedure Call protocol.
- The util directory contains several utility programs and libraries.
- the programs used to configure and build the code, such as autoconf, lndir, kbuild, reconf, and makedepend, are in this directory.
- the profile directory contains most of the functions which parse the Kerberos configuration files (krb5.conf and kdc.conf).
- the Kerberos error table library and utilities (et);
- the Sub-system library and utilities (ss);
- database utilities (db2);
- pseudo-terminal utilities (pty);
- bug-reporting program send-pr;
- a generic support library support used by several of our other libraries;
- the build infrastructure for building lightweight Kerberos client (collected-client-lib)
- the tool for validating Kerberos configuration files (confvalidator);
- the toolkit for kernel integrators for building krb5 code subsets (gss-kernel-lib);
- source code for building Kerberos V5 on MacOS (mac)
- Windows getopt operations (windows)