Kerberos 5 Release 1.4
The MIT Kerberos Team announces the availability of the
krb5-1.4 release. The detached PGP
signature is available without going through the download
page, if you wish to verify the authenticity of a distribution
you have obtained elsewhere. The following is a list of notes
and major changes; please see the README file for a more complete
listing of changes.
- Fix heap buffer overflow in password history
- Add implementation of the RPCSEC_GSS authentication flavor
to the RPC library. Thanks to Kevin Coffman and the CITI
group at the University of Michigan.
- Thread safety for krb5 libraries.
- Merged Athena telnetd changes for creating a new option for
- The kadmind4 backwards-compatibility admin server and the
v5passwdd backwards-compatibility password-changing server have been
- Yarrow code now uses AES.
- New client commands kcpytkt and kdeltkt for Windows.
- New command mit2ms on Windows.
- Merged Athena changes to allow ftpd to require encrypted
- Incorporate gss_krb5_set_allowable_enctypes() and
gss_krb5_export_lucid_sec_context(), which are needed for NFSv4,
from Kevin Coffman.
You may also see the current full
of fixed bugs tracked in our RT bugtracking system.
Known bugs reported against krb5-1.4 are listed
Please note that the HTML versions of these documents are
converted from texinfo, and that the conversion is imperfect.
If you want PostScript or GNU info versions, please download
the documentation tarball.
You may retrieve the Kerberos 5 Release 1.4 source from
If you need to acquire the sources from some other distribution
site, you may verify them against the detached
PGP signature for krb5-1.4.
$Id: krb5-1.4.html,v 1.7 2005/01/27 22:55:43 tlyu Exp $
[ home ]
[ contact ]