Before you can access services that use Kerberos for authentication, you must obtain a Kerberos ticket. If your company uses RSA SecurID to control access to Kerberos, you will be prompted to enter your SecurID password after you request a ticket.
To get a ticket:
- Click the Get Ticket button in the Home tab or use the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl + t].
- Your principal is your user name combined with the Kerberos realm you are part of. For example, jdoe@SALES.WIDGET.COM. Enter your principal. Principals you have previously entered and saved will auto-complete.
- Enter your password.
- To save this principal so Kerberos will auto-complete it for you in the future, select the "Remember this principal" checkbox. If you have multiple principals, Kerberos can remember all of them.
- To verify or change ticket settings, click Show Advanced at the bottom of the window and then make any necessary changes.
About: Ticket Settings and Flags
If your company uses RSA SecurID, a popup window will open requiring you to enter your SecurID password. Enter that password (your PIN plus the code currently displayed on your RSA SecurID token) and click Okay.
- To change the ticket lifetime, click and drag the Ticket Lifetime slider.
- To get a forwardable ticket, select the Forwardable and Proxiable checkbox.
- To get a renewable ticket, select the Renewable checkbox.
Your new ticket is listed in the main window.