Kerberos 5 Release 1.12
The MIT Kerberos Team announces the availability of the
krb5-1.12 release. The detached PGP
signature is available without going through the download
page, if you wish to verify the authenticity of a distribution
you have obtained elsewhere.
Please see the README file for a
more complete list of changes.
You may also see the current full
of fixed bugs tracked in our RT bugtracking system.
The Data Encryption Standard (DES) is widely recognized as
weak. The krb5-1.7 release contains measures to encourage sites
to migrate away from using single-DES cryptosystems. Among
these is a configuration variable that enables "weak" enctypes,
which now defaults to "false" beginning with krb5-1.8.
Major changes in 1.12 (2013-12-10)
- Developer experience:
- Add a plugin interface to control
krb5_aname_to_localname and krb5_kuserok behavior.
- Add a plugin interface to control hostname-to-realm
mappings and the default realm.
- Add GSSAPI extensions for constructing MIC tokens using
- Administrator experience:
- Principal entries may now refer to the names of policies
which do not exist as policy objects in the database.
Policy objects may now be deleted whether or not
principals reference their names. A principal which
references a nonexistent policy name will behave as if it
does not reference a policy.
- Add support for having no long-term keys for a
principal. This can be useful if the principal is only
intended to be used with PKINIT or OTP preauthentication.
- Add collection support to the KEYRING credential cache
type on Linux, and add support for persistent user
keyrings and larger credentials on systems which support
- Add a FAST OTP preauthentication module for the KDC
which uses RADIUS to validate OTP token values.
- Add an experimental pluggable interface for auditing KDC
processing. This interface may change in a
backwards-incompatible way in a future release.
- The AES-based encryption types will use AES-NI
instructions when possible for improved performance.
You may retrieve the Kerberos 5 Release 1.12 source from
If you need to acquire the sources from some other distribution
site, you may verify them against the detached
PGP signature for krb5-1.12.
$Id: krb5-1.12.html,v 1.2 2013/12/11 03:00:41 tlyu Exp $
[ home ]
[ contact ]