LEM has played a pivotal role in the lives of many MIT students, staff, and faculty though the years. We would love to hear from you about where your spiritual journey has taken you since you left MIT. If you are not on our mailing list, please e-mail us your address, and we will keep you "in the loop" on our work here.
As you know, LEM does a maximum of ministry with a minimum of resources. While our judicatories do provide some funding, the majority of our funding comes from alums and friends of the program.
Here are some ways you can be a blessing to us this year:
For alumni/ae in the Boston area:
Winter Retreat in New Hampshire
- Cook and serve dinner for our worshipping community on a Wednesday night.
- Connect us with people who might be worth bringing in on a Wednesday night for discussion or presentation.
- Sponsor a local outing for our students: a ball game, exhibit opening, arts event, etc.
For alumni/ae in the New England area:
Welcome a group of 6-15 students to your home on a lake, farm, ocean, or mountain for a one-day retreat or outing, apple-picking, or other respite from their work.
Students on Pilgrimage
For all alumni/ae:
Pray for our ministry regularly.
Your financial support of any amount will be of great help:
- $40 funds a Wednesday night dinner.
- $50-100 allows us to offer an honorarium to a special speaker.
- $250 pays for transportation of students for a pilgrimage to the Holocaust Museum, Cathedral of St. John the Divine, or other NYC destination.
- $300 sends a student leader to a national gathering for Episcopal or Lutheran college students.