- Featured in A*STAR Research article Big Data Detectives Nov 02 2016.
- Paper in Nature Scientific Data! MIMIC-III, a freely accessible critical care database May 24 2016
- Paper in Science Translation Medicine! A “datathon” model to support cross-disciplinary collaboration April 08 2016
- Appointed Assistant Professor of Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health & Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine National University of Singapore Dec 2016
- Paper "Obesity, Acute Kidney Injury, and Mortality in Critical Illness" accepted in Critical Care Medicine (IF 6.312)
- Paper "The Association Between Indwelling Arterial Catheters and Mortality in Hemodynamically Stable Patients With Respiratory Failure: A Propensity Score Analysis" accepted in CHEST (IF 7.5) .
- Paper "Hyperdynamic left ventricular ejection fraction in the intensive care unit" accepted in Critical Care (IF 4.5) .
- Completed McKinsey Insight Program 2015 (McKinsey Insight) .
- Obtained MIT Teaching & Learning Laboratory Kaufman Teaching Certificate KTCP'15 .
- Completed MIT Impact Innovation Program IMPACT'15 .
- Paper "A Multivariate Timeseries Modeling Approach to Severity of Illness Assessment and
Forecasting in ICU with Sparse, Heterogeneous Clinical Data" accepted in AAAI'15 .
- Paper "Risk Prediction for Acute Hypotensive Patients by Using Gap Constrained Sequential Contrast Patterns" won 2nd Runner-up in student competition (Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Working Group) AMIA'14 .
"Big Data for Critical Care with Cloud-based In-memory Database" featured in
AMIA 2014 highlights .
Current Research Interests:
- Casual Inference for Evidence-based Medicien
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Generative Models for Medical Time-series
- Big Data for Healthcare
- McKinsey Insight Program, 2015
- MIT Teaching & Learning Laboratory Kaufman Teaching Certificate, 2015
- Second runner-up of Best Student Paper Award, KDD Working Group, AMIA, 2014
- Finalist of MIT 2013 Innovation in Health Care Conference Innovation Showcase, 2013
- Singapore, A*STAR overseas fellowship, 2012-2014
- Best in "Science" Award, ArtScience Image Competition, 2011
- Team-player of Data Mining Department, Institute for Infocomm Research 2010~2012.
- 1st Runner-up Best Paper Award, ADMA conference 2008.
- I2R Bi-annual Best Paper Award, 2005.
- A*STAR Graduate Scholarship, 2004-2008.
- Ministry of Education, Singapore, Scholarship, 1997-2003.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Data Mining, Nanyang Technological University, 2004-2009.
Supervisors: Prof. Limsoon Wong, Assoc. Prof. Yap-Peng Tan & Assoc. Prof. Jinyan Li.
- Bachelar's Degree, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological Univeersity, 1999-2003.
1st Class Honors.