Enrich your experience: Be a guide for the next generation of MISTI students
The MISTI Mentor Program matches alumni with current students interning in the same country or working in the same field. This program brings you, the mentor, new tools for sharing your international experience while also preparing your mentee for the road ahead.
- To offer MISTI students a supportive relationship with a peer who can help them through the preparation, internship and post-internship phases
- To offer MISTI alumni the opportunity to continue to be connected to the program, utilize the knowledge you have gained, and continue to engage with global cultural issues
Potential mentors are expected to attend a one-hour training session before being matched up with one or two MISTI students.
How it works:
- Meet one-on-one with each student during the spring semester (or via skype if off- campus)
- Continue to engage with your student at least once a month when he/she is abroad (via email, Skype, phone or in-person)
- Once a month 5 minute on-line check-in
- Take post-mentorship survey at the end of August