Students > Preparation
Chemical Engineering student Maria Tou'13 at an electrical transmission substation located in a windmill farm. Maria interned with electrical transmission company, Transelec.
Preparing for your internship in Chile
Once you have been matched with a host company or research institution in Chile, we will work with you to prepare for your trip. Preparations include:
- attending MIT-Chile training sessions (spring semester)
- obtaining a work permit and/or visa (when necessary)
- purchasing airline tickets
- finding housing in Chile
- info about your stipend and banking
- purchasing health insurance
- signing a risk and release form
Students are expected to attend several training sessionsthroughout the spring to familiarize themselves with Chilean culture and society. Topics include Chilean politics, industry, research, current events and culture.