MIT-Mexico Seed Funds
Launched in 2012, the MIT-Mexico Seed Funds support budding research collaborations between faculty and research scientists at MIT and their counterparts in Mexico.
Through an annual call for proposals, the funds primarily support travel costs for exchange between a team at MIT and colleagues in universities and research institutes in Mexico. The Mexican colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- propose a balanced exchange between the MIT and Mexican participants
- involve students in the project
MIT-Mexico - CONACYT Seed Fund
- For collaboration with universities and research laboratories in Mexico
- Maximum award: $30,000
MIT-Mexico – Zapopan (Jalisco)
- For collaboration with universities and research laboratories in the city of Zapopan and the Metropolitan area of Guadalajara. Companies in this region might be included in the proposal.
- Mexican colleague(s) must be identified in the proposal
- Priority given to projects that propose a balanced exchange between MIT and Mexico and demonstrate complementarity between the two teams
- Maximum award: $25,000
The MIT-Mexico Seed Funds are a part of MISTI Global Seed Funds. All general MISTI Global Seed Funds criteria, application and evaluation procedures apply.