One of MISTI’s newest programs, launched spring 2012, connects MIT students & faculty with companies and research opportunities in Russia
We offer a variety of internships and research opportunities for qualified candidates. All-expenses paid internships at leading companies, universities and research institutes.
A few of the possibilities:
- Develop software for analyzing seismic data and image processing used in technologies for oil and gas production
- Do editorial work at a leading national news agency
- Conduct research at the National Research Nuclear University (NRNU MEPhI)
- Research the transformations in the urban design of public realm forms (plazas, public housing, monuments and open spaces) that have occurred with the transition from Communist to Post-Communist political regimes
...and much more!
Some new 2013 opportunities at:
GE will offer students internships in
- Marketing Research/Business development
- Engineering (Energy)
Sberbank will offer students internships in
- Big data, including data mining and data analysis;
- Digital banking
- ARG – Augmentation Reality Games
- Security IT
- Reliability and fault tolerance
- Highly scalable platforms and low latency platforms
While MIT-Russia works with many institutions to send MIT students to Russia, a select group of companies and foundations choose a deeper partnership with MIT by sponsoring the program. Every corporate partner relationship is customized to meet the specific, intersecting needs of the organization and MIT.
The MIT-Russia Seed Fund provides funding for MIT faculty and their Russian counterparts to jump-start projects.