- Complete the online application form. Please research any known Russia opportunities in your field in advance and state these on the form. Take advantages of resources such as your professors, advisor, friends, and family.
- Send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Resume or CV (list all the courses taken relevant to your target internship including those you plan to take in the semester prior to your internship and any planned UROP or externship). Please name the file "First Initial Last Name Resume Date". If you need assistance please visit the Careers Office (12-170). They can help with content, layout, and formatting.
- A scanned copy of your passport (it needs to be signed and valid for 6 months after your planned return from Russia). Please name the file "First Initial Last Name Passport Date" - for example, JSmithPassport2010.
- One- to two-page statement of your personal and professional objectives regarding your stay abroad. Please answer the following questions: Why do you want to do an internship? Why do you want to go to Russia? What would you like to accomplish? What will you bring to your host institution, and how will the experience impact your education? What are your experiences living outside of the USA? We may share this statement or portions of it with potential host institutions.
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one should be from an MIT faculty member (advisor, professor, UROP supervisor) who knows your work (in your field). One can be from a work supervisor or non-MIT supervisor (not from High School teachers). The letters should address academics, research, and general aptitude for an internship abroad. It can be addressed “To whom it may concern” or to the MISTI MIT-Russia Program. It should not specify a host, but rather an internship in Russia in general. These will be sent to potential hosts and should be written with that audience in mind. The letters should be on letterhead, signed, scanned and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your scanned MIT transcript. This is not the grade report you print online. Please get a transcript (official or unofficial) from the Student Services Center (11-120) and submit it scanned. Freshmen should send current list of courses from WebSis. Please name the file "First Initial Last Name GradeReport Date" - for example, JSmithGradeReport2010.
Once you have completed your online application form and sent in your resume, please contact the program manager to set up an interview. You may schedule your interview before the rest of the application is complete.