Students > MISTI 2.0
take your MISTI internship to the next level
What is it?
Students are encouraged to expand their international network. You can:
- Take your project to the next level
- Launch a new project with an international collaborator
How it works
- Return from your internship with an idea
- Submit a proposal for up to $3,000 for travel, meeting and workshop costs
- Develop a project: this can take your previous internship to the next level OR be a completely new project
- Have advisors on both sides: recruit an MIT faculty mentor and international partner
MISTI 2.0 proposals are judged on their innovation and feasibility.
Funded students are expected to attend preparation sessions and complete a report.
Oct 1: applications due
Nov 1: grantee notification
Aug 1: projects must be completed
Role of the MIT faculty advisor
The goal of the MISTI 2.0 advisor is to be available to the student/team regarding questions related to the content of their project. The advisor will review the student’s proposal prior to application. Fiscal and process oversight is the responsibility of the MIT country coordinator. Students will be in touch with the advisor as needed.