Welcome to MIT Men's Ultimate, a fun and competitive way to get some exercise and have a great time. If you are interested in signing up for the team, please email the officer's list at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have provided a brief FAQ to give you a better idea of what's in store, but feel free to shoot us an email if you are thinking about playing.
- Q: How much experience is needed to play on the team?
- A: We welcome anyone, regardless of their previous experience. Over the course of the year, we will teach you everything you need to know. However, we are a competitive team in the region and we hope you are willing to come to practices and tournaments to improve your own playing as well as the team's.
- Q: Do you play other schools? How does being a club sport work?
- A: Yes, most major universities have college frisbee teams. In the past, we have played Harvard, Tufts, Boston College, and even schools as far as Ohio State and Georgia State. Being on a club sport is in many ways similar to a varsity sport, though we will welcome anyone regardless of experience.
- Q: How much of a time committment is Ultimate?
- A: Typically the team will hold 2-3 practices a week, each 2.5-3 hours in length. The amount of practicing generally ramps up towards the beginning of the college season. We practice year round, check the calendar for practice times and dates. At least one weekend per month, we will head to a frisbee tournament to play other colleges - it will be expected that you can make the majority of these as they are an excellent learning experience. We are aware that MIT can be a difficult place so if you have any timing concerns, just send us an email and we will try to work something out.