MITOC is made possible by office hours and office hours are made possible by wonderful volunteer desk workers. Give back to the community and become a desk worker!
Who can be a desk worker?
- Can work desk at least 3 times in 3 months
- Is generally available Monday and Thursday around 6-8pm
- Is excited about gear, the outdoors, and MITOC!
How and when can I be trained to work desk?
Simply attend a training session held at the start of every season. Training sessions are announced on all mitoc mailing lists and on the calendar. They are roughly held:
- Early September
- Late December/early January
- Early June
What are the benefits of working desk?
- Be the face of MITOC and help out members excited about going outdoors
- Giving back to the MITOC community which wouldn't be possible without office hours
- Free/discounted gear rentals