Support MIT community relief efforts in the wake
of Chilean disaster
The MIT community is working to help people in Chile affected by the recent earthquake. The PSC is coordinating fundraising efforts to help the community. There are several ways to offer your support during this time of crisis.
- People interested in giving online gifts to the MIT Chile Relief Fund can be directed to: https://giving.mit.edu/givenow/GiftStart.dyn?desig=%204014347. Donations to this fund will support MIT alums, students, faculty and staff engaged in relief efforts in Chile.
- Chilean students at Harvard University and MIT have set up a website to collect donations: http://www.harvardmitchile.org.*
- Online donations to the Chile Teletón have now ended. If you would like to support this organization, please drop off donations at the Public Service Center in 4-104. Checks should be made payable to MIT. If you are mailing donations, please send to: MIT Public Service Center, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building 4-104, Cambridge, MA 02139-4307. Chile Teletón is a Chilean charity organization indentified by Chilean students at MIT. Note that there is not affiliation between the Chile Teletón* and the Public Service Center. Please note that text is in Spanish.
- Donate directly to agencies that are working in Chile on disaster relief:
Habitat for Humanity
American Red Cross
* Donations to http://www.harvardmitchile.org and the Chile Teletón will support the relief program "Chile Helps Chile", a joint effort between citizens, local NGOs, private enterprises, and the Chilean Government in their efforts to help in the rescue, reconstruction, and care of those affected by the earthquake. Read more (please note that the text is in Spanish).