what we do
- We have a new application system! All applicants, click the guidelines button above and follow the instructions.
- Looking for the Paul and Priscilla Gray Internships? We’re simplifying things for applicants, so you no longer have to choose whether to apply as a Fellow or an Intern. Don’t worry, we still support service internships through this Fellowships program!
- Applications for IAP 2017 Fellowships are due Friday, October 21st, at noon.
- Applications for semester-time Fellowships and Internships can be submitted at any time.
- Need help with the proposal process for the Fellowships Program?
Attend a Proposal Writing Workshop:
When: Thursday, October 13 from 12pm-1pm, Friday, October 14 from 2pm-3pm,
Wednesday, October 19 from 1:30pm-2:30pm.
Where: PKG Public Service Center (W20-549) Conference Room (W20-555); Stratton Student Center, Fl 5
- Looking for a project idea? Community partners often suggest projects or challenges to us that could be developed into Fellowships or Internships. Check-out the current ideas on the PKG Center Opportunities page.
If you have a passion for service and the drive to turn your inspiration into a tangible benefit for others, we encourage you to explore our fellowships.
How fellowships work
Fellowships support your work with community-focused organizations: nonprofits, government offices, aid agencies, schools, for-profit social enterprises, student-initiated service enterprises, and others. If in doubt, ask!
Fellows typically receive a stipend, which helps cover living and travel expenses.
Opportunities to help you give back to the community
As a Priscilla King Gray (PKG Center) Fellow, you have the opportunity to develop and implement a service project of your own design. You also have the option of interning with a service-focused organization to learn about how they operate and help them meet their mission. PKG Center Fellowships typically enable these sorts of service work:
Collaborate with a partner in the community
If you have a service idea you want to implement in collaboration with a community partner — or if a service organization wants your input as a consultant — apply for a PKG Center Fellowship to support your endeavor.
Explore a public service career
PKG Center Fellows can also intern with service agencies. This option enables you to explore service careers or build your experience by working for service agency staff. You might help to expand an agency's services, for instance, or assess operations. This opportunity was made possible by a gift in honor of Paul and Priscilla Gray.
Pilot a social enterprise
If you are developing your own nonprofit or social enterprise, a PKG Center Fellowship could help you pilot or research your idea.
Questions? For help or feedback on your ideas before applying, contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org