not currently hiring
Contact: Kevin Leonardi, 4-104, 617-253-6821, firstname.lastname@example.org
As the MIT Public Service Center (PSC) prepares to celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2013, we are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented student writing/communications assistant to work as a dynamic storyteller for the PSC.
Possible tasks include:
- Brainstorming with staff to identify stories to tell that are representative of the PSC
- Researching, interviewing, and writing for a variety of outlets - including MIT News, the PSC website, the PSC newsletter, and several blogs
- Capturing photos and videos to tell and enhance stories
- Compiling data to communicate about the PSC in a compelling way to a variety of audiences (including donors, students, faculty, staff, and alumni)
- Updating content on the PSC website
- Thinking creatively about how to tell stories on and beyond campus
- Strong writer, comfortable writing in a variety of styles
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- HTML, photography, and/or video editing skills are a plus
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Kevin Leonardi at email@example.com by August 31.