who we are
Work at the PKG Center
Working for the Priscilla King Gray Public Service Center is a great opportunity for students to step into an active leadership role. We have many positions, some of which are listed below. If you have special skills or think you would be interested in working for the PKG Center but don't see a job below for you, let us know — we may have other positions available. Please feel free to contact us.
Undergraduate Student Positions
Community Service Work-Study Assistant
Tasks and responsibilities: The community service work-study assistant will assist the community employment administrator with:
- Program promotion and outreach to MIT students and current and prospective community partners;
- Providing information to interested students;
- Identifying prospective community partners for “Neighborhood Works” and the general CSWS program;
- Identifying prospective for-profit employers for the Job Location and Development (JLD) program;
- Helping all employers post job opportunities on the MIT Student Job Board;
- General administration and record keeping;
- Event planning and coordination;
- Social media communications.
Qualifications and skills: We are looking for a quick learner and self-starter, who is committed to the mission of the PKG Center Priscilla King Gray Public Service Center, has outstanding organization skills and is proactive with tasks and deadlines. Service experience is an asset!
Commitment: 10 hours/week, with some occasional evening hours. 20% of the work can be done from remote, the rest from the PKG Center (W20-549).
Hourly rate: $12/hour
How to apply: Send resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.