The meeting-point of the following streets: Srpskih vladara, Beogradska, Maršala Tolbuhina, Svetosavska, Yugoslav Army Boulevard, Deligradska and Nemanjina. Up until 1880, this square was the site of a large pool where Belgraders used to come and hunt wild duck. The formation of the square itself began when a well-known English businessman named Francis Mackenzie purchased a large piece of land nearby and parcelled it out into lots for selling. Mackenzie, whose name was given to the street now known as Maršala Tolbuhina, soon had a house built for himself at Slavija, on the site of the former Slavija cinema. Another historically important building was the old Slavija Hotel built in 1882 at the corner of Svetosavska Street and the present-day Yugoslav Army Boulevard.
Albania Palace Building | The Bajrakli Mosque | Belgrade Palace Building | Belgrade Railway Station | Captain Miša's Building | Cvijeta Zuzorić Art Pavilion | Karađorđeva Street | Knez Mihailova Street | Princess Ljubica's Residence | Millenary Monunemt on Gardoš Hill | Price Miloš's Residence | The National Theatre | Nemanjina Street | Nikola Pašic Square | Republic Square | Skadarlija | Slavija Square | Student Square | The Trade Union Hall | Terazije Square | The '?' Cafe Restaurant | Article about the architecture and building in Belgrade