The Muddy Charles Pub has been present on the MIT campus since 1968, where it has welcomed everyone from Nobel Laureates to graduate students, played host to entrepreneurs and their start-ups, and enjoyed global exposure. Most of the patrons are MIT graduate students and prices are kept affordable for them.
- Fun video from Prof. Penny Chisholm's Introductory Biology course that mentions the Muddy!:
- Follow the Muddy Charles on Twitter (@muddycharlespub) and join the Muddy Charles' Facebook group to receive updates on new beers, events, and more.
- The Muddy was recently featured in a Technology Review article!
- Reminder: the Pub is only open to MIT affiliates. This includes friends, family, etc. of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Be sure to bring a MIT ID and a government-issued ID (21+ only).
- The Walker Memorial Project has been postponed. Thank you so much for your support!
- The Muddy has T-shirts available for sale, only $15, in both
men's and women's styles. See them on display in the cabinet
inside the front door.
- A Muddy Charles History project is currently underway. Alums and current members of the board are looking for past and present patrons to submit their stories/pictures to the online form. The book to be published will promote the importance that the pub has had to the MIT community for the last 40 years.
- Muddy Mondays -- The Muddy with an international flare
- Weekly Wednesdays -- Wings on the house (tip your bartender!)