Hosting a Successful Event
You may serve food and drink in three areas of the museum.
Please ask about regulations regarding alcohol.
The first floor and the second floor are separate rentals.
Please call for an appointment to tour the Museum.
Sorry, but the Museum cannot host weddings or permit dancing.
First Floor: Mark Epstein Innovation Gallery - refreshments may be served
- 5,000 sq. feet devoted to some of the latest research and innovation at MIT; features the exhibition Sampling MIT
Second Floor: the original galleries of the MIT Museum include:
- Robots and Beyond, including Kismet, the world's first sociable robot- refreshments may be served
- Gestural Engineering: The Sculpture of Arthur Ganson; for viewing only
- Holography: The Jeweled Net: for viewing only
- Second Floor Gallery: available for standing receptions
Guests may also take self guided tours and enjoy the Museum's other exhibit spaces, which showcase: the witty and engaging kinetic sculptures of Arthur Ganson, amazing 3-D holographic images, and compelling photography exhibits.
Our functions manager is happy to provide additional information including a no-cost tour to introduce the Museum, and discuss how the MIT Museum can resourcefully and creatively meet your event needs.
For event rental information please contact the Event Rentals Manager at 617-253-9889.