MIT Symphony Orchestra
Adam Boyles, Music Director
Competition Date: First Friday in February, Killian Hall, 14W-111
- An MIT student soloist will be selected each spring to perform with the MIT Symphony.
- Open only to MIT students and current MITSO students. Soloists who have already performed with the MIT Symphony Orchestra are not eligible.
- Concerto selection must be submitted before November 1st for approval by the Music Director.
- The entire work must be prepared for the audition. Accompanists are required but will not be provided. Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your audition time and be ready to play.
- Decision by the Music Director is final.
- The work performed at the audition will be the work to be performed in concert.
- The winner must be available for all the rehearsals and performances required by the Music Director. Orchestra rehearsals are held 7:30-10pm, Tue/Thur.
Applications can be obtained from the Concerts Office, Rm. 4-243.
Applications are due in the Concerts Office no later than January 15.
Contact: Joya Abbott-Graves, MITSO Manager, email@example.com