Team creates LEDs, photovoltaic cells, and light detectors using novel one-molecule-thick material.
A student suffered minor burns during an accident Friday afternoon, April 11, in a School of Science teaching laboratory.
The student, Susan Kim, was cleaning equipment with ethanol in Rm 4-253 shortly after 3pm when it accidentally burst into flames. Campus Police put out the fire with an extinguisher.
Ms. Kim, a junior in biology, was treated for burns on her hands at the Medical Department and released.
A version of this article appeared in MIT Tech Talk on April 16, 1997.