Study: U.S. job market is putting more workers in positions with limited upside and leverage.
The Benefits Office is sponsoring a Health and Wellness Lecture Series during the week of October 5. The program will be held in Killian Hall (Rm 14W-111). Attendees may choose from a variety of seminars, conducted by representatives from MIT's health insurance carriers as well as the Family Resource Center and Campus Police.
Employees are eligible to attend regardless of whether they are enrolled in health insurance at MIT. No reservations are required. Dates, topics, times and presenters are listed below. For more information, call x8-7489.
Monday, October 5
- ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½Sports Medicine, 12:15pm, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½Preventing Osteoporosis and Heart Disease in Women, 1:15pm, Harvard Pilgrim Health Careï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
Tuesday, October 6
- ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½Diet, Exercise and Metabolism I, 12:15pm, Tufts Health Plan
- Diet, Exercise and Metabolism II, 1:15pm, Tufts Health Plan
Wednesday, October 7
- Introduction to Tai Chi, 12:15pm, MIT Health Plans
- "Monitoritis"--Eyestrain and Computers, 1:15pm, MIT Health Plans
Thursday, October 8
- Sleep: Getting a Good Night's Rest, 12:15pm, Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Balancing Work and Family, 1:15pm, MIT Family Resource Center
Friday, October 9
- ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½Streetwise and Safe, 12:15pm, MIT Campus Police
- New Treatments for Impotence, 1:15pm, MIT Health Plans
A version of this article appeared in MIT Tech Talk on September 23, 1998.