Institute’s programs rank first in 7 engineering, 5 science, and 3 business fields.
"In Search of Don Quixote" Award--for excellence in the Spanish language
- Robyn Allen '07, aero/astro, Mill Valley, Calif.
- Anna Marie Bohmann '05, foreign languages and literatures and mathematics, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Erika Cantu '07, biology, McAllen, Texas
- Kelly Cavazos '07, political science, San Antonio, Texas
- Theresa Christian '08, physics, Reston, Va.
- Heather Coffin '07, chemistry, Mission Viejo, Calif.
- Maryann Racine '06, chemistry, Wayland, Mass.
- Cameron Sadegh '06, biology and chemical engineering, Franklin Lakes, N.J.
- Jennifer Wong '06, biology, Baldwin, N.Y.
- Joel Yuen '07, chemistry and mathematics, Mexico City,
January Scholars in France--for excellence in the French language
- James Beatty '05, management, Pasadena, Texas
- Eva Enns '06, EECS, Sidney, Canada
- Nasheed Jamal '05, brain and cognitive sciences, Hammond, La.
- Noelle Kanaga '06, foreign languages and literatures and management, Wilmington, Del.
- Eugenia Lyashenko '05, mathematics, Kiev, Ukraine
- Rowena Mittal '05, chemical engineering, Cos Cob, Conn.
- Carly Saylor '05, chemical engineering, Carlisle, Mass.
Award for Excellence in Foreign Languages and Literatures--to an undergraduate who best reflects the section's goals for achieving proficiency in a foreign language, cultural understanding and enthusiasm in foreign language learning
1st prize: Sheila Krishna '05, biology and foreign languages and literatures, Anaheim, Calif.
2nd prize: Torsak Luanphaisarnnont '05, chemistry, Bangkok, Thailand
3rd prize: Peter Sullivan '06, physics, Santa Ana, Calif., and Marc Wilson '06, aero/astro, Hartford, Conn.
Lufthansa Award--for excellence in German studies
1st prize: Boris Cukalovic '05, EECS and mathematics, Serbia, Yugoslavia
2nd prize: Anna Labno '06, biology and physics, Jaworzno, Poland; Anastassia Paskaleva G, mechanical engineering, Sofia, Bulgaria; and Karola MÌ©szï¿½ï¿½ros '05, mathematics, Szeged, Hungary
3rd prize: Torsak Luanphaisarnnont '05, chemistry, Bangkok, Thailand; Yi Chen '08, Taipei, Taiwan; Elliott Ortiz-Soto '06, mechanical engineering, Bayamon, Puerto Rico; Joseph Cooper '08, Sherman, Texas; Lee (Sally) Ling '06, management and mechanical engineering; and Hana Oh '05, chemical engineering, San Diego, Calif.