Institute’s programs rank first in 7 engineering, 5 science, and 3 business fields.
Awards are given for innovative projects that make a positive change in the world.
- Radu Raduta '05, aero/astro, Timisoara, Romania
- Jessica Vechakul '05, mechanical engineering, New York, N.Y.
- Teresa Baker G, mechanical engineering, Burbank, Calif.
- Stephanie Dalquist G, Technology and Policy Program, Wayzata, Minn.
- Alexander Yip G, EECS, Massapequa, N.Y.
- Kimberley Harrison '07, mechanical engineering, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Connor James Walsh G, mechanical engineering, Dublin, Ireland
- Nevan Hanumara G, mechanical engineering, Kingston, R.I.
- Steven Barrett '05, Cambridge-MIT Exchange Program, London, England
$3,000 Award--Mozambique Environmental Sanitation Initiative
- Ella Lazarte G, DUSP, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Valentina Zuin G, DUSP, Milano, Italy
- Monica Romis G, DUSP, Napoli, Italy
- Gabriele Kruks-Wisner G, DUSP, Oberlin, Ohio
- Jigar Bhatt G, DUSP, Hopelawn, N.J.
- Pragnya Alekal G, CEE, Lakewood, Calif.
- Basilia Yao G, DUSP, New York, N.Y.
- Anna Brown G, DUSP, Freeport, Maine
- Brian Robinson G, DUSP, Atlanta, Ga.
- Ethan Crumlin '05, mechanical engineering, Worcester, Mass.
- Geoff Becker '05, mechanical engineering, Coral Springs, Fla.
- Amy Wong '05, mechanical engineering, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Emily Smith 05, mechanical engineering, Des Moines, Iowa
$2,000 Award--Solar Water Disinfection Device
- Anna Bershteyn '06, materials science and engineering, Cupertino, Calif.
- Eun Mee Yang '07, biology, Falls Church, Va.
- Xanat Flores G, CEE, Mexico City, Mexico
- Ed Hseih '05, mechanical engineering, Scarsdale, N.Y.
$2,000 Award--Wider Reach
- Brian Roughan G, management, Cambridge, Mass.
- Armina Karapetyan G, management, Moscow, Russia
- Kamal Quadir G, management, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Justin Cook G, management, Eugene, Ore.
- Joe Zeff '05, management, West Bloomfield, Mich.
- Jose Espinosa G, media arts and sciences, Mexico City, Mexico
$2,000 Award--MANTRA II
- Nupur Garg '07, chemical engineering, Pensacola, Fla.
- Saumya Garg (alumnus), Pensacola, Fla.
$2,000 Award--Parabolic Power
- Matthew Orosz G, CEE, Bridgewater, Mass.
- Headley Jacobus '05, mechanical engineering, Mendham, N.J.
- Toni Ferreira '05, mechanical engineering, Chicopee, Mass.
- Amy Mueller G, CEE Mequon, Wis.
Star Volunteer Award--for three years of hard work helping to make the IDEAS Competition a success
- Julie Goss '05, materials science and engineering, Cambridge, Mass.