Team creates LEDs, photovoltaic cells, and light detectors using novel one-molecule-thick material.
All students are nuclear science and engineering majors.
Manson Benedict Fellowship--for excellence in academic performance and professional promise in research
- Jeongik Lee G, Daejeon, South Korea
- Xiaofeng Qian G, Beijing, China
Outstanding Student Service Award--for exceptional service to the students, the department and the entire MIT community
- Whitney Raas G, Somerville, Mass.
- Peter Yarsky G, Cambridge, Mass.
Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award--for exceptional service as a teaching assistant
- Nathan Carstens G, Milwaukie, Ore., for assistance with 22.06
- Peter Yarsky G, Cambridge, Mass., for assistance with 22.033
Roy Axford Award--for academic achievement by a senior in nuclear science and engineering
- Michael Stawicki '05, Bow, N.H.
Irving Kaplan Award--for academic achievement by a junior in nuclear science and engineering
- Ashley Finan '06, Lyme, Conn.
PAI Outstanding Teaching Award--presented by the student chapter of the American Nuclear Society
- Professor Jeffrey Freidberg