New gene-editing system enables large-scale studies of gene function.
All students are aeronautics and astronatics majors unless otherwise noted.
Admiral Luis de Florez Prize--for original thinking or ingenuity
- Nobori D. Santiago 2006, Springfield, MA
- Greg R. Williams 2006, Clancy, MT
Aero-Astro Teaching Assistantship Award--for conspicuous dedication and skill in helping fulfill an undergraduate or graduate subject's educational objectives
- George F. Kiwada G, Raleigh, NC
- David C. Wang 2006, Houston, TX
AIAA Undergraduate Teaching Award--to a faculty or staff member who has exemplified the role of a "great teacher"
- Earl M. Murman
Andrew Morsa Prize--for ingenuity and initiative in applying computers to the field of aeronautics and astronautics
- Ash C. Dyer 2006 (Mill Valley, CA) and Barrett S. Mitchell 2006 (Auburn, ME), for excellence in the design of a controller for quadrupedal robot locomotion over difficult terrain.
Apollo Award--for the student or students who conduct the best undergraduate research project on the topic of humans in space, and for a successful aero-astro project
- Nicholas Y. Chan 2006 (Chai Wan, Hong Kong) and Jason S. Ruchelsman 2006 (West Orange, NJ), for excellence in testing and developing a fluid-filled helmet liner
Henry Webb Salisbury Award--to seniors who have achieved superior academic performance in multiple dimensions
- Eleanor S. Crane 2006, Gilbert, AZ
James Means Award--for excellence in flight vehicle engineering
- Benjamin J. Alvarado, Nicholas Y. Chan 2006 (Chai Wan, Hong Kong), Miles R. Colman 2006 (Concord, MA) and Alasdair Lyn Gardner 2007 (Oxford, UK) for the Team Ostrich radio-controlled aircraft to meet the specifications of the 2006 AIAA/Cessna/ONR/Design, Build Fly Competition
Leaders for Manufacturing Prize--to a team or teams whose project dealt with the interaction between manufacturing and engineering through demonstration of modern manufacturing processes
- Nii A. Armar 2006 (Fairfax, VA), Carl J. Engel 2007 (Clear Lake, WI), Gaston A. Fiore 2006 (Buenos Aires, Argentina), Alberto J. Gayon 2006 (Chula Vista, CA) and Adam J. Woodworth 2007 (Plymouth, MA), for the Team Uno radio-controlled aircraft that competed in the 2006 AIAA/Cessna/ONR/Design, Build Fly Competition
Lockheed Martin Prize for Excellence in System Engneering
- Ryan W. Castonia 2009 (Whitehall, MN), Alexander D. Donaldson 2006 (Crowborough, UK), Jaqueline A. O'Connor 2006 (South Windsor, CT), Thomas K. Walker 2006 (Bolingbrook, IL) and Meredith K. Ward 2006 (Anchorage, AK), for the Team Ostrich radio-controlled aircraft to meet the specifications of the 2006 AIAA/Cessna/ONR/Design, Build Fly Competition
Sigma Gamma Tau Society Graduate Teaching Award--to a faculty or staff member who has exemplified what graduate students consider to be a "great teacher"
- Jeffrey A. Hoffman
Thomas Sheridan Award--to an aero-astro or mechanical engineering undergraduates whose research or design projects best exemplify creativity or improvement in human-machine integration or cooperation
- Michael R. Francis 2006 (West Hartford, CT) and Jonathon M. Long 2006 (Littleton, CO), for improvement in human-machine integration through research on the effects of age on automobile driver flexibility
United Technologies Corporation Prize--for achievement in designing, constructing, executing and reporting of an undergraduate experimental project
- Ruijie He 2007, Clifton Vale, Singapore
- Sho Sato 2007, Tokyo, Japan
Vickie Kerrebrock Award--to a student, staff or faculty member in recognition of his or her contribution to Course 16 spirit of community
- Earl M. Murman, faculty
- Barbara Lechner, staff
Yvnge Raustein Award--for a student who best exemplifes the spirit of Yngve Raustein and to recognize significant achievement in unified engineering
- Warren "Woody" Hoburg 2008, Baden, PA