In a new book, MIT’s Ethan Zuckerman asserts that we need to overcome the Internet’s sorting tendencies and create tools to make ourselves ‘digital cosmopolitans.’
Capers and Marion McDonald Award for Excellence in Mentoring and Advising--to a faculty member who has demonstrated a lasting commitment to personal and professional development
- Prof. Amedeo R. Odoni, Aero-Astro, CEE
Barry Goldwater Scholarship--for a junior or senior who exhibits outstanding potential and intends to pursue a career in mathematics, the natural sciences, or those engineering disciplines that contribute significantly to the technological advances of the U.S.
- Lucian T. Tian 2008, EECS, Salem, NH
- George S. Zaidan 2008, Chemistry, Bethesda, MD
Henry Ford II Scholar Award--to a senior engineering student who has maintained a cumulative average of 5.0 at the end of his/her seventh term and has exceptional potential for leadership
- Adam Madlinger 2007, Chem. Eng., Martinsville, NJ
Bose Award for Excellence in Teaching--to a faculty member whose contributions have been characterized by dedication, care and creativity
- Prof. Harold Hemond, Mech. Eng.
Junior Bose Award--for an outstanding contributor to education from among the junior faculty of the School of Engineering
- Assistant Prof. Francesco Stellacci, Materials Science and Engineering
Spira Teaching Awards--to faculty members to recognize their contributions to the tradition of high quality engineering education at MIT
- Assistant Prof. Carol Livermore, Mech. Eng.
- Associate Prof. Fredo Durand, EECS
- Prof. Ronald Parker, NSE
Graduate Student Extraordinary Teaching and Mentoring Award--for demonstrating extraordinary teaching and mentoring as a teaching or research assistant
- Hubert Pham G, Mech. Eng., Cupertino, CA