Study: U.S. job market is putting more workers in positions with limited upside and leverage.
Capers and Marion McDonald Award for Excellence in Mentoring and Advising--to a faculty member who has demonstrated a lasting commitment to personal and professional development
- Prof. Amedeo R. Odoni, Aero-Astro, CEE
Barry Goldwater Scholarship--for a junior or senior who exhibits outstanding potential and intends to pursue a career in mathematics, the natural sciences, or those engineering disciplines that contribute significantly to the technological advances of the U.S.
- Lucian T. Tian 2008, EECS, Salem, NH
- George S. Zaidan 2008, Chemistry, Bethesda, MD
Henry Ford II Scholar Award--to a senior engineering student who has maintained a cumulative average of 5.0 at the end of his/her seventh term and has exceptional potential for leadership
- Adam Madlinger 2007, Chem. Eng., Martinsville, NJ
Bose Award for Excellence in Teaching--to a faculty member whose contributions have been characterized by dedication, care and creativity
- Prof. Harold Hemond, Mech. Eng.
Junior Bose Award--for an outstanding contributor to education from among the junior faculty of the School of Engineering
- Assistant Prof. Francesco Stellacci, Materials Science and Engineering
Spira Teaching Awards--to faculty members to recognize their contributions to the tradition of high quality engineering education at MIT
- Assistant Prof. Carol Livermore, Mech. Eng.
- Associate Prof. Fredo Durand, EECS
- Prof. Ronald Parker, NSE
Graduate Student Extraordinary Teaching and Mentoring Award--for demonstrating extraordinary teaching and mentoring as a teaching or research assistant
- Hubert Pham G, Mech. Eng., Cupertino, CA