Michael Hemann seeks better ways to deploy chemotherapy drugs and overcome tumor resistance.
Manson Benedict Award--for excellence in academic performance and and computational plasma physics research
- Leonardo Patacchini G, Mareil-Marly, France
Manson Benedict Award--for excellence in neutron scattering research, particularly the study of critical behavior of supercooled water
- Yang Zhang G, Cambridge, Mass.
Outstanding Student Service Award--for leadership and outstanding service in American Nuclear Society activities
- David Carpenter G, Cambridge, Mass.
Outstanding Student Service Award--for sustained leadership and contributions to program CASPAR
- Robert Holcombe G, Greensboro, N.C.
Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award--for effective teaching in 22.101, lectures, tutorials and quiz reviews
- Erik Johnson G, Lafayette, Calif.
Roy Axford Award--for academic achievement by a senior in nuclear science and engineering
- Eric Forrest '08, Berlin, Mass.
Irving Kaplan Award--for academic achievement by a junior in nuclear science and engineering
- Dan Zaterman '09, Englewood, Colo.
Junior Bose Award for Excellence in Teaching--to the outstanding contributor to education from among the School of Engineering faculty members who are being proposed for promotion to associate professor without tenure.
- Jacopo Buongiorno, assistant professor, Nuclear Science and Engineering