Research shows the success of a bacterial community depends on its shape.
Jamieson Prize for Excellence in Teaching--funded by a generous gift from J. Burgess Jamieson, Class of 1962, is annually given to two MIT Sloan faculty members, and two EECS faculty members for their contribution to teaching excellence.
- Associate Professor Kristin J. Forbes
- Professor Richard M. Locke
Teacher of the Year--MIT Sloan 18th Annual Excellence in Teaching Awards, which are chosen based on students' nominations. The final recipients are chosen based on the quantity and quality of their nominations
- George Eastman Professor of Management Science Arnold Barnett
- Lecturer Terry Heagney
- Bill Porter Professor of Entrepreneurship Howard Anderson
- Robert Noyce Engineering Career Development Professor Retsef Levi
- Theodore T. Miller Career Development Professor Sugata Roychowdhury
Outstanding Teaching Assistant
- TA for 15.060: Melissa King G, Tulsa, Okla.
- TA for 15.010: Carlos Molina Zamora G, Madrid, Spain
- TA for 15.060: Jordi de los Pinos G, Barcelona, Spain