Studying these cells could lead to new treatments for diseases ranging from gastrointestinal disease to diabetes.
James Means Memorial Award--For excellence in Space Systems Engineering
- Emily B. Grosse '09, Cambridge, Mass.
James Means Memorial Award--For excellence in Flight Vehicle Engineering
- Joseph S. Pokora '09, Comstock Park, Mich.
- Constantine G. Speridakos '09, Danvers, Mass.
Admiral Luis de Florez Prize--For original thinking or ingenuity, as demonstrated by the individual effort of the student
- Luis E. Perna '09, Tampa, Fla.
- Bruce T. Vest '09, Godfrey, Ill.
- Jesse M. Carr '09, Boxford, Mass.
- Anton de Winter '09, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Erich Mueller '09, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Andrew Morsa Prize--Awarded for demonstration of ingenuity and initiative in the application of computers to the field of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Fuzhou Hu '09, Cary, N.C.
- Matthew T. Peddie '09, Harleysville, Pa.
- Piotr Fidkowski '09, Macungie, Pa.
The Yvnge Raustein Award--Given to a Unified Engineering student who best exemplifies the spirit of Yngve Raustein and to recognize significant achievement in Unified Engineering
- Kathryn A. Gordon '11, Clinton, Wash.
The Apollo Award--Given to an Aero-Astro student who conducts the best undergraduate research project on the topic of humans in space
- Ryan M. McLinko '09, Waxhaw, N.C.
The David J. Shapiro Award--Given to pursue special aeronautical projects that are student-initiated, and/or to support foreign travel for the enhancement of scientific/technical studies and research opportunities
- Bruno Alvisio '11, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Danielle M. DeLatte '11, Ellicott City, Md.
- Raqeebul I. Ketan '11, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Natasha Bosanac '10, Mudgeeraba, Australia
- Eli A. Cohen '10, Medfield, Mass.
- Jacob L. Rosenbluth '10, Mill Valley, Calif.
- Ramon L. Torres '09, Gurabo, Puerto Rico
The Leaders for Manufacturing Prize--Awarded to a team that uses their project to directly deal with issues related to the interaction between manufacturing and engineering through demonstration of modern manufacturing processes
- Jillian M. James '10, Boxborough, Mass.
- Ashley E. Micks '09, Columbus, Ohio
- Rodrigo A. Zeledon '09, San Jose, Calif.
The Lockheed Martin Prize for Excellence in Systems Engineering--Awarded to an undergraduate team who has exhibited superior level of accomplishment in engineering innovation, product development and team organization
- Stephanie A. Couch '09, Brentwood, Tenn.
- Frances A. Gonzalez '09, Miami, Fla.
- Caroline S. Lowenthal '09, Haverford, Pa.
- Ryan M. McLinko '09, Waxhaw, N.C.
- Tina P. Srivastava '09, Dallas, Texas
The United Technologies Corp. Prize--Awarded to an Aero-Astro student for outstanding achievement in the design, construction, execution, and reporting of an undergraduate experimental project
Alexander L. Pina '09, Granby, Colo.
- Gregory T. Wellman '09, Chelmsford, Mass.
- Ryan M. Daspit '09, Metairie, La.
- Eric R. Munoz '09, Opa Locka, Fla.
The Henry Webb Salisbury Award--Given in memory of Henry Salisbury to a graduating senior who has achieved superior academic performance in the Course XVI Undergraduate Program
- David A. Sanchez '09, Santa Maria, Calif.
The Rene H. Miller Prize in Systems Engineering--Awarded to a student who has done the best piece of work in systems engineering in the Aero-Astro Department
- Wilfried K. Hofstetter, doctoral candidate, Kirchseeon, Germany
The Aero-Astro Teaching Assistantship Award--Given to a teaching assistant - or assistants - who has demonstrated conspicuous dedication and skill in helping fulfill an undergraduate or graduate subject's educational objectives
- Bradley T. Holschuh G, Moorhead, Minn.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Undergraduate Advising Award
- Institute Professor Sheila E. Widnall
AIAA Undergraduate Teaching Award--Given by the AIAA Student Chapter to a faculty or staff member who has exemplified the role of a "great teacher"
- Steven R. Hall, professor of Aero-Astro
Aero-Astro Wings Award--In recognition of his support of AeroAstro students, staff and faculty
- Administrative Assistant Mark Prendergast
Aero-Astro Spirit of XVI Team Award--For their handling a myriad of tasks, from scheduling to promotion cases, from faculty search to event planning, and "virtually anything else that occurs in the Aero-Astro department," while maintaining a terrific sense of caring, good humor, dedication, and individual attention to all
- Robin Palazzolo, administrative assistant
- Sue Whitehead, coordinator for development and strategic initiative
Aero-Astro Spirit of XVI Individual Award--For shaping the education of countless Aero-Astro students over the years through hands-on research and design experiences
- Paul Bauer, research specialist
Vicki Kerrebrock Award--For its influence on the department through leadership on issues impacting graduate students, involvement in the recruiting of new students, and sponsorship of numerous activities that strengthen our community
- The Graduate Association of Aeronautics and Astronautics