Personable robots, advanced prosthetics and entrepreneurship figure prominently in campus visit.
It took six decorators and two bakers nearly week to build MIT’s biggest birthday cake ever. The result? A 24-foot long masterpiece that looked as good as it tasted. Watch the video to see how it all came together. Happy 150th MIT!
- Creator: Montilio’s of Boston
- Weight (cake and icing): 750 lbs.
- Number of cupcakes: 1,000
- Weight w/cupcake river: 1,000 lbs./450,000 g.
- Number of bakers: 2
- Number of decorators: 6
- Days to construct: 5
- Percent of finished creation that will be edible (non-structural): 80