most recent videos
Video: AMPS MIT Video Productions; additional editing: Melanie Gonick
MIT Institute Professor Peter A. Diamond speaks at a press conference following the announcement that he won this year's Nobel Prize in Economics.
- Nobel laureate
- MIT Institute Professor Peter A. Diamond speaks at a press conference following the announcement that he won this year's Nobel Prize in Economics.
- Music at MIT
- Institute Professor John Harbison talks about MIT’s student musicians.
- International studies
- The MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI) connects MIT students and faculty with research and innovation around the world.
- Technology and Enlightenment
- This MIT Libraries' exhibit explores one of the most important and controversial publications of the eighteenth century, Diderot's "Encyclopedie, ou D...
- Arts @ MIT
- MIT students, faculty, and administrators discuss and demonstrate how the arts add to the tapestry of life on campus.
- Doing anthropology
- In this short film, three members of MIT's Anthropology Department, Stefan Helmreich, Erica James, and Heather Paxson, talk about their current work a...
- Solow on the Global Economic Crisis
- What really happened? Nobel prize-winning economist Robert M. Solow, vice chairman of the Urban Institute Board of Trustees, explains why a stateside ...
- Mind, Hand, World
- The MIT Center for International Studies undertakes research, teaching, international education, and public and policy engagement on a broad range of ...
- Heather Paxson, an associate professor in MIT's Department of Anthropology, discusses what makes an artisan cheese.
- Future of Human Spaceflight
- 'The Augustine Report and its Implications,' a talk at MIT
- Apollo's legacy
- In June, MIT hosted "Giant Leaps," a gathering to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Apollo's voyage to the moon — and to explore how that missio...
- The inner history of devices
- Contemporary science has done a great disservice to Sigmund Freud, suggests Sherry Turkle, who believes the psychoanalytic tradition can teach us much...
- Tebes (background) gathers with Tanzanian schoolchildren, their teacher and Bernard Kiwia (back to camera) outside a workshop.
- Professor emeritus of political science Lincoln Palmer Bloomfield gave his final lecture at MIT upon his retirement in 1991.