most recent videos
Video: Robert Y. Wang/Jovan Popovic
CSAIL graduate student Robert Wang demonstrates the speed and precision with which a new gesture-based computing system can gauge hand position in three dimensions.
- Self-oscillating gels
- Self-oscillating gels are materials that continuously change back and forth between different states — such as color or size — without provocation...
- As part of the Festival of Art, Science and Technology the IceWall instillation consists of blocks of ice stacked on each other, with seeds frozen in ...
- Green Grease
- Students from MIT's Biodiesel team organizes the project, called Green Grease, and they traveled to Sao Paulo, Brazil last summer to begin the impleme...
- The origins of 2.007
- Professor of Engineering Woodie Flowers discusses course 2.70 and how it evolved into MIT's annual 2.007 Mechanical Engineering Robot Contest.
- Remembering Ron McNair
- On the 25th anniversary of the Challenger Space Shuttle disaster, AeroAstro professor Jeffrey Hoffman remembers his colleague.
- Holographic TV
- Using a single Kinect camera and standard graphics chips, MIT researchers demonstrate the highest frame rate yet for streaming holographic video.
- Infinity, transformed
- MIT community members discuss the planning and development of the Institute's architecture, focusing on the Infinite Corridor and the recent opening o...
- Medical mirror
- PhD candidate Ming-Zher Poh discusses a system he designed that could measure vital signs just by having a person sit in front of a low-cost camera.
- Media lab complex
- A peek into the new Media Lab complex which opened last month.
- Nobel laureate
- MIT Institute Professor Peter A. Diamond speaks at a press conference following the announcement that he won this year's Nobel Prize in Economics.
- Autonomous parking
- Research Scientist at MIT's AgeLab and Associate Director of New England University Transportation Center Bryan Reimer discusses and demos a car that ...
- Bill Gates on bright minds and big problems
- Video from his visit to MIT on April 21
- From left to right, back row: Associate Dean Cindy Barnhart, Lourenco PIres, Hannah Merrick, Chevalley Duhart, Angelita Mireles, Francis Doughty, Dean Ian Waitz. Front row: Gwen Wilcox, Carolyn Jundzilo-Comer, JoAnn Sorrento.
- Bahr is an associate professor of literature at MIT and Alfred Henry and Jean Morrison Hayes Career Development Chair
- Graduate student winners (from top left): Marcus Parrish (first place); Anthony Soltis and Fabio Caiazzo (second-place tie); and Bridget Wall and Jun Jie Ian Tay (third-place tie). Postdoctoral scholar winners (from bottom left): Bogdan Fedeles (first place); Zachary Nagel (second place); and Nicole M. Iverson and Stephanie E. Woods (third-place tie).
- Second-round competitors in the iCampus Student Competition present their projects in the Stata Center on May 1.
- Aakanksha Sarda receives the grand prize check for 'WhichClass' from MIT Office of Educational Innovation and Technology Director Vijay Kumar at the iCampus Student Competition final award event held on May 17.