Graphic: Emily Kathan
Lab to Market: Success is Not Final, Failure is Not Fatal
September 2, 2010
Innovation in business and technology no longer takes place when a lone scientist screams "Eureka!" in a dusty lab. Corporations are turning to centers of research and launching their own labs where the expressed mission is for diverse groups of interdisciplinary experts to collaborate on ideas that transform our world.
Our panel will share stories of their decades of real-world wisdom in leading teams to cutting edge breakthroughs and frustrating dead ends, and what makes labs such a powerful and challenging work environment. Preceding the panel will be members of the TR35, 35 young innovators whose inventions and research is inspiring and revolutionary.
- Lili Cheng, General Manager, Microsoft’s FUSE Labs
- Scott Elrod, VP & Director, Palo Alto Research Center
- Pamela McNamara, President of U.S. Operations, Cambridge Consultants
- Alexander Wong, Managing Director, D.E. Shaw Group
- Jason Pontin (moderator), Editor in Chief and Publisher, Technology Review
Complete details and online registration is available at http://enterpriseforum.mit.edu