150 and beyond
January 14, 2011
It's a sesquintenial celebration at the MIT Museum! Be among the first to explore the new MIT150 Exhibition, which celebrates 150 years of Institute invention and innovation, at this free opening event taking place from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 14.
Mingle with members of the MIT community as you discover one-of-a-kind artifacts that have changed the course of history on campus, in Cambridge, Boston and the wider world beyond. The event will feature hands-on demonstrations and conversations with experts throughout the exhibition:
- Challenge your mind (or your memory!) with hands-on slide rule activities.
- Heat up your evening with cool creations from the MIT Glass Lab.
- Find out how the Copenhagen Wheel is revolutionizing transportation.
- Drop in on a conversation with alumni from the Baker House Piano Drop.
- Explore synthetic skin from the MIT Fibers and Polymers Laboratory.
- And more