Celebrate Constitution Day!
September 17, 2013
Sept. 17 is Constitution Day! It commemorates the day in 1787 when 39 of the 55 state delegates to the Constitutional Congress signed the US Constitution, which established the structure and function of the US federal government.
You can celebrate Constitution Day by registering to vote. The Cambridge Election Commission will be registering voters in Lobby 10 today between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (must be a U.S. citizen).
Want to refresh your Constitutional knowledge?
- Pick up a pocket-sized Constitution in Lobby 10 between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and read this surprisingly short but profoundly impactful document.
- Review an OCW course on a topic related to the Constitution:
- Explore the Constitution and Constitutional Amendments online.
- Test your knowledge of the Constitution via this interactive quiz.
- Read the Constitution in Spanish or Chinese or pick from nine different languages.
- Join the discussions around constitutional issues via the Constitution Daily blog.