Double Cantilever Beam Crack Growth Sensor Irradiation Facility (SENSOR)
Irradiated in 1994
- Tested in-vessel detectors related to O2 potential in BWR primary coolant.
- Consisted of passively loaded DCB sensors developed to measure crack growth rates in BWRs.
- The Sensor loop contained ten DCB and seven ECP sensors both in-core and just above.
- BWR coolant chemistry and temperature conditions were maintained in the irradiation volume.
- Hydrogen water chemistry effects on crack growth rate was also observed.