The mission of the MIT Postdoctoral Association is:
1) To establish a self-sustaining organization that will support MIT postdoctoral trainees in all aspects of their professional research training and career development.
2) To provide an integrated voice for postdocs and increase their profile within the MIT community.
3) To serve as a liaison between postdocs and the faculty and administration of MIT.
4) To enhance the postdoctoral training experience by fostering a sense of community and an environment of peer support.
5) To help incoming postdoctoral trainees integrate into the MIT community, and to maintain an alumni network of past postdocs.
6) To provide efficient dissemination and record keeping of relevant information to all postdoctoral trainees.
7) To promote diversity and ensure equal opportunity and representation for all postdocs, regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.