Hosoi Research Group
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Hatsopoulos Microfluids Laboratory
- Angelina Aessopos: Instabilities in spreading surfactants.
- Brian Chan: Low Reynolds number locomotion, Robosnail.
- Dennis Evangelista: Optimization of compliant jetting swimmers.
- Randy Ewoldt: Rheological properties of biofluids.
- Quirin Hamp: (Visiting from Technische Universitat Munchen) Segmented crawlers.
- Sungyon Lee: Lubrication approximations for non-Newtonian corner flows.
- Daniel Tam: Marangoni flows in drops on ultrahydrophobic surfaces, N-link swimmers.
- Tony Yu: Optimization of compliant low Reynolds number swimmers.
- Brian Chan, N. J. Balmforth and A. E. Hosoi, "Building a better snail: Lubrication and adhesive locomotion." In review.
- A. E. Hosoi, Dmitriy Kogan, C. E. Devereaux, Andrew J. Bernoff and S. M. Baker, "Two-dimensional self-assembly in diblock copolymers." In review.
- Junjie Zhou, Andrea Bertozzi, Benjamin Dupuy and A. E. Hosoi. "Shocks in particle-laden films." PRL 94(11), 2005.
- J. W. M. Bush, A. E. Hosoi and J. Aristoff. "Asymmetric hydraulic jumps." In review.
- Roman Stocker and A. E. Hosoi "Lubrication in a Corner." Accepted for publication in J. Fluid Mech.
- Roman Stocker and A. E. Hosoi "Corner Flow in Free Liquid Films." JEM 50, 2004 .
- Brian Chan, Susan Ji, Catherine Koveal, A. E. Hosoi, "Mechanical Devices for Snail-like Locomotion." World Congress on Biomimetics, Artificial Muscles and Nano-Bio 2004.
- A. E. Hosoi and L. Mahadevan, "Dynamics of a fluid-lubricated elastic sheet." PRL 93(13), DOI:137802, 2004. (Also selected to appear in the October 11, 2004 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology and in the October 1, 2004 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research).
- J. Leblanc, J. Aristoff, A. E. Hosoi and J. Bush. "Hydraulic jumps with broken symmetry." Phys. Fluids, 16(9), 2004.
- Nhat-Hang P. Duong, A. E. Hosoi, and Troy Shinbrot. "Periodic knolls and valleys: coexistence of solid and liquid states in granular suspensions." PRL, 92(22), DOI: 224502, 2004.
- J.J. Ashmore, A.E. Hosoi and H.A. Stone, "The effect of surface tension on rimming flows in a partially filled rotating cylinder," J. Fluid Mech. 479, 2003.
- A. E. Hosoi and J.W.M. Bush, "Evaporative instabilities in climbing films," J. Fluid Mech. 442, 2001.
- A. E. Hosoi and L. Mahadevan, "Axial instability of a free-surface front in a partially-filled horizontal rotating cylinder," Phys. Fluids, 11(1), 1999.
- Todd F. Dupont and A.E. Hosoi, "Some reduced dimension models based on numerical methods," Modeling and Computation for Applications in Mathematics, Science and Engineering, Joseph W. Jerome (editor), Oxford University Press, 1998.
- A. E. Hosoi and Todd F. Dupont, "Layer formation in monodispersive suspensions
colloids," J. Fluid Mech., 328, 1996.
- Sauro Succi, Bruce P. Ayati and A.E. Hosoi, "A six lecture primer on parallel computing," Technical Report CS 96-11, The University of Chicago, 1996.
- Benjamin Dupuy: (MS) Experimental studies of particle-laden flows
down an inclined plane.
- Baptiste fara: (Visiting from Ecole des Mines)
- Antoine Pellion: (Visiting from Ecole des Mines)
- Junjie Zhou: (MS) Numerical studies of particle-laden flows
down an inclined plane.