MIT philosophy: events: colloquia fall 2012-spring 2013
Unless otherwise indicated, all talks are on fridays at 3:30 pm in room 32-d461 (directions to 32-d461 and the department). This schedule is subject to change.
For more information, please contact Brendan, Jack or Rebecca. For information about talks co-sponsored with Women's Studies, contact email@example.com.
Some colloquium papers will be available on this page in (viewable in adobe acrobat reader).
- 'Objective and Subjective Oughts'
- John MacFarlane, UC Berkeley
- 'Perception vs. Conception: The Goldilocks Test'
- Fred Dretske, Duke University
- Shamik Dasgupta, Princeton University
Thursday, November 29:
- 'Two Cornell Realisms -- Moral and Scientfic'
- Elliott Sober, University of Wisconsin Madison
- 'Naturalism vs. the first-person perspective'
- Hilary Kornblith, UMass Amherst
- 'An Understandable Mistake'
- Agnes Callard, University of Chicago
- title TBA
- Seana Shiffrin, UCLA
- 'Deflationism in Semantics and Metaphysics'
- Amie Thomasson, University of Miami