colloquia fall 2004
boston-area philosophy calendar | colloquia at: Harvard * BU * Tufts * Brandeis * Brown
Unless otherwise indicated, all talks are on Fridays at 3:30 pm in room 32-155.
For more information, contact Lauren Ashwell (firstname.lastname@example.org), Heather Logue (email@example.com),
or Chris Robichaud (firstname.lastname@example.org). (For more information about talks co-sponsored with Women's Studies,
Some colloquium papers will be available on this page in (viewable in
- "Epistemicism and Semantic Plasticity"
- John Hawthorne, Rutgers University
- "What Reference Has to Tell Us About Meaning"
- Stephen Schiffer, New York University
Tuesday October 19 at 4pm in 4-231; co-sponsored with
- "The Metaphysics of Sex and Gender"
- Linda Alcoff, Syracuse University
- "Mental Quotation - a cure for the mind-body problem"
- Katalin Balog, Yale University
- "Linguistic Meanings as (Monadic, Second-Order) Concept-Instructions" note-this paper is background for the talk
- Paul Pietroski, University of Maryland
- "Is there hope for a theory of objective aesthetic value?"
- Peter Railton, University of Michigan
previous colloquia | linguistics colloquia
updated: 15 nov 04