MIT philosophy: events:
colloquia fall 2007
boston-area philosophy calendar | colloquia at: Harvard • BU • Tufts • Brandeis • Brown
Unless otherwise indicated, all talks are on fridays at 3:30 pm in
room 32-d461 (directions to 32-d461 and the department).
For more information, please contact Mahrad Almotahari, Damien Rochford, or Paolo Santorio. For more information about talks
co-sponsored with Women's Studies,
Some colloquium papers will be available on this page in (viewable in
- Two Conceptions of Evidence, Bayes Style
- Jim Joyce, University of Michigan
* * *THIS TALK IS CANCELLED * * *
- "Global Poverty: How Demanding Are Our Obligations?"
- Peter Singer, Princeton University and University of Melbourne
n.b. this talk begins at 3:40pm and will be held in 32-123
- "How Action Governs Intention" (handout )
- Nishi Shah, Amherst College
- "The Internal Relatedness of All Things"
- Jonathan Schaffer, ANU
- "Causation: Necessitation and Difference-Making"
- Boris Kment, University of Michigan
- "Alief and Belief"
- Tamar Szabó Gendler, Yale University
- "From Causes to Reasons: on the Possibility of
- Louise Antony, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
previous colloquia | linguistics colloquia
updated: 12 dec 07