MIT philosophy: events:
colloquia fall 2009-spring 2010
boston-area philosophy calendar | colloquia at: Harvard • BU • Tufts • Brandeis • Brown
Unless otherwise indicated, all talks are on fridays at 3:30 pm in
room 32-d461 (directions to 32-d461 and the department).
For more information, please contact Jennifer Carr, Kate Manne or Paulina Sliwa. For more information about talks
co-sponsored with Women's Studies,
Some colloquium papers will be available on this page in (viewable in
- "Concepts of Concepts as Normative"
- Alan Gibbard, University of Michigan
- "Risk Aversion and Rationality"
- Lara Buchak, University of California, Berkeley
- The Place of Deliberation
- Nomy Arpaly, Brown University
- The Relativism of Blame
- Miranda Fricker, Birkbeck College, University of London
- Is there a problem about revising logic?
- Hartry Field, New York University
- Do Judgments Screen Evidence?
- Brian Weatherson, Rutgers University
- Worrying About Trivial Questions
- Daniel Rothschild, All Souls College, Oxford
April 23: NOTE- will be held in 32-141
- A Tale of Two Vectors
- Marc Lange, UNC-Chapel Hill
previous colloquia | linguistics colloquia