MIT philosophy: program:
- Boolos, George, 6/66, The Hierarchy of Constructible Sets
of Integers. (Putnam)
- Martin, Edwin, 6/68, Quantifying into Opaque Contexts:
May We or May We Not? (Cartwright)
- Davis, Bernard, 9/68, The Notion of Protomeaning. (Bromberger)
- Thomas, Stephen, 9/68, Philosophical Model-Building and
the Philosophy of Mind. (Judith Thomson)
- Leeds, Stephen, 6/69, Arithmetical Degrees in the Hierarchy
of Constructible Sets of Integers. (James Thomson)
- Teller, Paul, 9/69, Problems in Confirmation Theory. (James
- Boyd, Richard, 2/70, A Recursion-Theoretic Characterization
of the Ramified Analytical Hierarchy. (Cartwright)
- Whitbeck, Caroline, 6/70, The Concepts of Space and Time
in the General Theory of Relativity. (Graves)
- McEvoy, Paul, 9/71, The Philosophy of Niels Bohr. (Graves)
- Friedman, Kenneth, 6/72, Foundation and Probability Theory
and Statistical Thermodynamics. (Bromberger)
- Kirk, Robert, 6/72, Intermediate Logics and the Equational
Classes of Brouwerian Algebras. (James Thomson)
- Harnish, Robert, 9/72, Studies in Logic and Language. (Katz)
- Mellema, Paul, 6/73, Problems in the Philosophy of Linguistics.
- Shelley, Karan, 9/73, Theories of Scientific Change: Their
Nature and Structure. (Bromberger)
- Siemens, Warren, 9/73, Theories of Scientific Change: Their
Nature and Structure. (Bromberger)
- Zaitchik, Alan, 9/73, The Limits of Hypothetical Contractualism.
- Nishiyama, Yuji, 6/74, The Structure of Propositions. (Katz)
- Weston, Thomas, 6/74, The Continuum Hypothesis: Independence
and Truth-Value. (Cartwright)
- Lipton, Michael, 9/74, Quine's Criterion of Ontological
- Stecker, Robert, 2/75, Moral Sense Theories. (Brody)
- Karp, David, 6/75, General Ontology. (Brody)
- Siegel, Kenneth, 9/75, Identity Across Possible Worlds.
- Soames, Scott, 2/76, A Critical Examination of Frege's
Theory of Presupposition and Contemporary Alternatives. (Bromberger)
- Sparer, Alan, 2/76, Political Obligation and the Just State.
- Horowitz, Tamara, 6/76, Apriority and Necessity. (Boolos)
- Levin, Harold, 9/76, First Order Logic as a Formal Language:
An Investigation of Categorical Grammar. (Boolos)
- Foster, Susan, 2/77, Distributive Aspects of Social Justice.
- Mendelsohn, Richard, 2/77, Frege's Paradox. (Cartwright)
- Prior, Stephen, 6/77, Three Studies in the Philosophy of
- Auerbach, David, 6/78, Expressing Consistency: Godel's
Second Incompleteness Theorem and Intentionality in Mathematics. (Boolos)
- Rabinowitz, Joshua, 9/78, Emergent Problems and Optimal
Solutions: A Critique of Robert Nozick's Anarchy, State, and Utopia. (Judith
- Smith, George, 6/79, Rigid Designation, Scope, and Modality.
- Kamm, Frances Myrna, 2/80, Problems in the Morality of
Killing and Letting Die. (Herman)
- Levin, Janet Marchel, 9/80, Functionalism, Qualia, and
- Stabler, Edward Palmer, Jr., 2/81, Issues in the Foundations
of Cognitive Psychology. (Fodor)
- Katz, Fredric, M., 6/81, Sets and Their Sizes. (Boolos)
- Krakowski, Israel, 6/81, Current Issues in the Mind-Body
- Cannon, Douglas, 6/82, With Reference to Truth: Studies
in Referential Philosophy. (Boolos)
- Berk, Lon, 9/82, Hilbert's Thesis: Some Considerations
About Formalizations of Mathematics. (Boolos)
- Christie, Andrew,, 5/83, Relationships Among Various Ontologies
and Accounts of Modality. (Higginbotham)
- Poland, Jeffrey, 5/83, Problems and Prospects for the Physicalist
Program in Science. (Fodor)
- Russinoff, Ilene, 5/83, Frege's Problem About Concepts.
- Pressler, Jonathan, 9/83, In Defense of Ethics. (Cohen)
- Antognini, Thomas, 2/84, Can Our Quantifiers Range Over
All Conditions? (Boolos)
- Appelt, Timothy, 2/84, Psychologism with Respect to Logic:
An Examination of Some Theses. (Cartwright)
- Wetzel, Linda, 2/84, On Numbers. (Cartwright)
- McClamrock, Ronald, 6/84, Intentionality and Cognitivism.
- Gillon, Brendan, 9/84, The Logical Form of Quantification
and Plurality in Natural Language. (Higginbotham)
- Akhtar Kazmi, Ali, 2/85, Identity and Qualification. (Boolos)
- Cobetto, Jack Bernard, 5/85, Reference and Beliefs: Some
Problems and Theories. (Cartwright)
- Satz, Debra, 2/87, Freedom Rising: A Reconstruction of
Historical Materialism. (Cohen)
- Segal, Gabriel, 6/87, In Deference to Reference. (Block)
- Lind, Marcia, 2/88, Emotions and Hume's Moral Theory. (Cohen)
- Lebed, Jay Aaron, 6/88, On Some Issues Concerning Symbols
and the Study of Cognition. (Block)
- Patterson, Sarah, 6/88, Content and Psychological Explanation.
- Uebel, Thomas, 6/89, The Vienna Circle's Debate about Protocol
Sentence Debate Revisited: Towards the Reconstruction of Otto Neurath's Epistemology.
- Rodriguez, Jorge, 9/89, Mood, Force and Explicit Performatives.
- Kaye, Larry, 5/90, Three Studies in Naturalized Philosophical
- Lormand, Eric, 5/90, Classical and Connectionist Models
of Cognition. (Block)
- Page, James, 5/90, On the Metaphysics of Numbers. (Boolos)
- Pietrowski, Paul, 5/90, Meaning Naturally: A Partial Defense
of Covariation Semantics. (Stalnaker)
- Prevett, Elizabeth, 5/90, In Defense of a Linguistic Model
for Reflective Equilibrium in Ethics. (Brink)
- Ruesga, Albert, 6/90, What Can Be Meant? Evaluating a skeptical
argument by Donald Davidson. (Higginbotham)
- Antony, Michael, 10/90, Consciousness, Content and Cognitive
- Dwyer, Susan, 6/91, Making "Implicit" Explicit: Toward
an Account of Implicit Linguistic Knowledge. (Higginbotham)
- Galloway, David, 6/91, Finitism: An Essay on Hilbert's
- Heck, Jr., Richard, 6/91, Logic, Semantics, Ontology. (Boolos)
- Stein, Edward, 2/92, Rationality and the Limits of Cognitive
- Isaacs, Tracy, 6/92, Actions and Events: A Study in Ontology
and Ethics. (Thomson)
- Reimer, Margaret, 6/92, The Semantic Significance of Referential
- Jeske, Diane, 9/92, The Persistence and Importance of Persons.
- Ulicny, Brian, 6/93, Issues in the Philosophical Foundations
of Lexical Semantics. (Higginbotham)
- Womack, Catherine, 6/93, The Crucial Role of Proof: A Classical
Defense Against Mathematical Empiricism. (Higginbotham)
- Picard, J.R.W. Michael, 9/93, Impredicativity and Turn
of the Century Foundations of Mathematics: Presupposition in Poincar and Russell.
- Stainton, Robert, 9/93, Non-Sentential Assertions. (Bromberger)
- Clapp, Leonard, 5/94, Seeing Through Opacity: A Defense
of the Russellian View of Propositional Attitudes. (Bromberger)
- McConnell, Jeffrey, 5/94, Cartesian Intuitions. (Block)
- Hunter, David, 9/94, Expression, Analysis and Understanding:
Three Essays in the Philosophy of Language. (Stalnaker)
- Lau, Yen-fong, 9/94, Belief in Semantics and Psychology.
- Jung, Darryl, 2/95, The Logic of Principia Mathematica.
- Bumpus, Ann, 6/95, Intending, Foreseeing and the Doctrine
of Double Effect. (Thomson)
- Koslicki, Kathrin, 6/95, Talk About Stuffs and Things:
The Logic of Mass and Count Nouns. (Thomson)
- Stanley, Jason, 6/95, Meaning and Metatheory. (Stalnaker)
- Szabo, Zoltan, 6/95, Problems of Compositionality. (Boolos)
- Stoljar, Daniel, 9/95, The Content of Physicalism. (Block)
- Hinton, Timothy, 6/96, Foundations of Egalitarian Justice.
- Kermode, Robert, 6/96, Three Aspects of the Nature of Linguistic
- Feldmann, Judith, 2/97, The Significance of Intuitions
of Contingency for the Mind-Body Problem. (Stalnaker)
- Macia Fabrega, Josep, 6/97, Natural Language and Formal
- Graff, Delia, 9/97, The Phenomena of Vagueness. (Stalnaker)
- Botterell, Andrew, 9/98, Analysis in Mind. (Stalnaker)
- Spencer, Cara, 9/98, On the Metaphysics of Belief. (Stalnaker)
- Sereno, Lisa, 2/99, Infinity and Experience. (Stalnaker)
- Brown, Rachel, 9/99, The Extension of Liberalism Beyond
Domestic Boundaries: Three Problem Cases. (Cohen)
- McKitrick, Jennifer, 9/99, The Metaphysics of Dispositions.
- Streiffer, Robert, 9/99, Moral Relativism and Reasons for
- Uzquiano, Gabriel, 9/99, Ontology and the Foundations of
- Eklund, Matti, 9/00, Paradoxes and the Foundations of Semantics
and Metaphysics. (Yablo)
- White, Roger, 9/00, Probability, Explanation, and Reasoning.
- Gray, Anthony, 2/01, The Semantics and Metaphysics of Contingent
- Hernando, Miguel, 2/01, Studies In Belief and Belief Attribution.
- Rayo, Agustin, 2/01, Plural Predication. (McGee)
- Jonsson, Olafur, 6/01, Vague Objects. (Thomson)
- Elga, Adam, 9/01, Counterfactuals, Dispositions, and Conscious
Experience: Essays on Entropy. (Hall)
- Meyer, Ulrich, 9/01, Mathematics, Time, and Confirmation.
- Pettit, Dean, 9/01, Understanding Language. (Stalnaker)
- Friedman, Alexander, 6/02, Minimizing Harm: Three Problems
in Moral Theory. (Thomson)
- Simon, Steven, 6/02, Contributions to a Physicalistic Theory
of Action. (Stalnaker)
- Hoffmann, Aviv, 9/02, Actualism,
Singular Propositions, and Possible Worlds: Essays in the Metaphysics of Modality.
- Maitra, Ishani, 9/02, Silence,
Speech, and Responsibility. (Haslanger)
- McGrath, Sarah, 9/02, Causation in Metaphysics and Moral
- Newman, Anthony, 9/02, Causal Efficacy and Externalist
Mental Content. (Byrne)
- Koellner, Peter, 6/03, The
Search for New Axioms. (McGee)
- Sartorio, Carolina, 6/03, The
Causal and the Moral. (Yablo)
- Einheuser, Iris, 9/03, Conventionalism
- Flaherty, Joshua, 9/03,The
Autonomy of the Political (Cohen)
- Harman, Elizabeth, 9/03, Moral
- Hawley, Patrick, 9/03, Skepticism